Friday, April 20, 2007

2nd Try

Yesterday, I tried to write this blog and blogger decided to eat my post, so I am trying this again.

My new job is with the largest property management company here in my local area. My new position is a leasing agent at a brand new property that is being built in Clovis, Ca.

The company offers many perks for their employees, starting with the usual benefits, and 401k, vacation, sick days and many ways to earn bonus'.

Yesterday, was an interesting day for me. I got to see the reality of the company and meet all the owners and bigwigs. There was an annual training day that they asked me to attend even though I don't officially start until Monday. I got to see the benefit of working for a very large company and I also got to see some of the daily challenges I will face.

I am a people watcher and I was seated in the back of the room and got to watch all of the interaction of the employees and the training staff. It was so interesting to watch.

There were the people that have been with the company for years and were know-it-alls, and did not want to change to the new policies.

There were others that were fairly new like me and were lost (like me).

There were others that just kept repeating "I just don't get it!"

and many other personalities. I was impressed with the training staff, as they tried very hard to answer all questions but also keep the training machine moving forward.

For me it was just information overload. Thank God I was sitting next to the girl I will be working with and she explained things to me as we went along.

California has some crazy laws about what is considered "Fair Housing Act". There are SO many rules and regulations. I have so much to learn, but I love a challenge and pretty soon (hopefully) I will be leasing apartments like a pro.

12 comments:

Kati said...

Sounds almost overwhealming. I'm sure you're going to do great once you get going.

Have a great weekend!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Eke! I too have had issues with blogger eating my posts & my comments...even when my comments are replies on my own blog!

I'm glad you got your toes wet at the new job front! All sounds well. But I am curious about some of California's fair housing policies. Anything surprising there?

Angel said...

I'm sure you'll be running the training sessions soon enough!

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sounds challenging. I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

captain corky said...

Good Luck. I know I would hire you if I was starting a company tomorrow. Have a great weekend.

Jay said...

You'll do great!

It sounds really challenging. Which is WAYYYYY better than boring.

Em said...

Sounds like your new job will be a challenge! But I hope it is a good challenge mixed with lots of success and fun!

DirkStar said...

I always pen my posts in Word before attempting an upload via Blogger.

I open a new entry when I'm ready to publish and adjust all the format issues.

Then and only then do I push the publish button...

I always have a hard copy in case Blogger ever erases my files.

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm sure you'll do great Bardouble. :-)

Someone once said to me that if you aren't nervous your first day on the job then it isn't challenging enough and you'll likely end up hating it.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I am interested in all that. Please blog more as California is a mystery unto itself.

SpongyBones said...

I started a new job last week too. can be fun huh!

Judy said...

There's always stress when starting a new job, but the change to a bigger company must be doubly stressful.

I'm sure you'll be great in your new spot. Best wishes!