Wednesday, December 27, 2006

First Day Back

I love getting extra days off work to relax, have fun with family and friends.

But why is it, that the first day back after having 4 days off is a day of pure unadulterated hell. Why? Why? Why??

I walk in and boss man, is shooting at both hips, my electronic leash starts ringing uncontrollably and to top it off, it is the day that all payroll stuff must be done for the afternoon call in.

I wanted to throw up my hands and run screaming from the building, but I did not.

I sat down and completed boss man's numerous requests, accuented with calls from my designers and clients, with sprinkles of the accounting girls asking necessary question for their afternoon deadline. I even managed to squeeze a few minutes to stuff food down my throat.

Once I managed to squelch my bosses anxiety, he went back to his normal happy self. He made me laugh out loud when he saw my desk piled with files and phone stuffed to my ear and me typing one handed as I was ruffling through the file for customer info, and he whispered "hey don't stress out, it'll all work out." I love it! His anxiets were soothed and I then had to catch up on my tasks and I was told not to stress....

But I love what I do and would do it again....

3 comments:

MrRyanO said...

I wish I had a witty line about bosses, but I'm coming up empty...how about, "They're jerks!"...?

Em said...

I'm glad you got your boss all calmed down. Sounds like you are the glue that holds it together there! And there isn't much better than actually loving what you do for a living! That's cool.

Bardouble29 said...

rockdog - "I wish I had a witty line about bosses, but I'm coming up empty...how about, "They're jerks!"...?"

Work for me!!!

em - I do love what I do, my boss just cracks me up.